The CBI Health Group Weight Wellness Program addresses 4 primary pillars of weight control and health:
- Medical and metabolic factors
The program includes:
- Medical, nutrition, and fitness assessments to identify and address your specific needs, goals and barriers and to ensure a healthy, safe program
- Computerized Metabolic Rate Testing
- Personal eating plan
- Guided exercise and activity sessions designed specifically for those with weight and health challenges
- One-on-one and small group education sessions in healthful eating and nutrition to assist you in making optimal eating choices
- Sessions to help you develop a healthy relationship with food and your body
- Long term support to help you maintain your new healthy lifestyle
Weight Loss Surgery Program
A modified program has been developed for clients who are approved for Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (LAGB) or other surgical procedures. Additional components for surgical candidates include:
- Additional education sessions specific to LAGB surgery
- Additional post-op dietitian visits
- Band fills
- Data collection and reporting to the referring surgical centre
CBI Weight Wellness Program Team
Our client-focused team is composed of experts in medicine, nutrition, fitness, motivation and education.
Carol Tickner – Registered Dietitian
Carol graduated from Mount St. Vincent University in Nova Scotia in 1989 with a BSc in Foods & Nutrition. Carol has worked as a Registered Dietitian for more than 20 years and has a variety of experience in all fields of Nutrition, with a special interest in the areas of Sports Nutrition, Eating Disorders and helping people manage their weight effectively.
Leanne Halligey – Registered Dietitian
Leanne graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition from St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia and started her career in Victoria seven years ago. Leanne has experience working in a variety of areas, but is most passionate about sports nutrition, weight management and health promotion for the prevention and management of chronic disease(s). Leanne takes a fresh approach to translating the most current nutrition and health information, and integrating that information into practical, lifelong behaviors.
Shannon Kane – Kinesiologist and Program Coordinator
Shannon graduated from the University of Guelph with a BSc in Human Kinetics. She has worked as a Personal Trainer before becoming a Practicing Kinesiologist at CBI Health Centre in Victoria. For the past few years Shannon has coordinated programs that focus on therapeutic exercise for muskuloskeletal and neurological injuries, and has a special interest in wellness and weight management.