Discover Your New Career at CBI
There’s a reason why we’re a team of over 13,000 people. Join our award-winning company and get competitive salaries, full benefits, ongoing training and opportunities to grow. Find your new healthcare career at CBI and let us care for you as well as you care for your clients across Canada.
Get the Best Job Training
Joining our team means investing in your future. Get ongoing hands-on job training and career development opportunities through our clinical workshops, educational events, mentorship programs, wellness activities and online courses. Come to work each day feeling confident that you’re backed by the latest knowledge.
Find a Job That Truly Fits You
Are you a caring person with drive and talent? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of your patients? Find a career that fits your passion and offers you countless opportunities to grow. Work independently, but never feel alone. Help others, while being supported.
If you’re an enthusiastic OT professional who is eager to make a difference while achieving personal and professional growth, and who is looking for variety in case work, flexibility of scheduling, and opportunity for highly competitive remuneration, CBI Health Group has an exceptional opportunity for you to meet these goals, supported by one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada.
As a full-time Occupational Therapist within our CBI Health Centre, you will be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team and work in the community, offering programs and services ranging from driving assessments, in-home assessments, and hospital discharge assessment, to behavioural activation programs, exposure therapy and psychological trauma programs, return to work coordination, and education. If you are a self-starter who enjoys working both independently and as part of a team, and you have the proven ability to deliver excellence in client outcomes, then this position is for you.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Conduct hospital discharges
- Perform attendant care assessments, with completion of Form 1’s
- Work with WSIB complex files (including but not limited to psychological trauma programs and exposure therapy)
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent client outcomes
- Provide assessment and treatment to a wide variety of clients with varying needs, including those with chronic and/or mental health conditions
- Provide impartial home, job, and safety/attendant care assessments, ergonomic assessments, client education, and job coaching, as required
- Coordinate the delivery/installation and set up of assistive devices and/or home modifications, and personal support worker services, as well as the transportation/rehabilitation needs of clients with acute injuries post discharge
- Coordinate the return to work process with all stakeholders in a timely way, ensuring a smooth transition into the workplace
- Work closely with the team and other resources to develop new programs to meet identified client need
- Network with internal and external stakeholders to promote new and existing programs
- Perform regular, timely charting, reporting and communication
- Record workload measurement data
- Attend staff meetings and case conference meetings, as required
- Provide professional services to other CBI facilities or departments, as required
To take on the role of Occupational Therapist, you must:
- Be passionate about your profession and committed to ongoing professional development
- Bring at least 1+ years of clinical experience (3+ preferred)
- Have community experience (an asset)
- Have experience in the area of mental health (an asset)
- Be registered as a member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Be dedicated to providing the highest quality of client care
- Bring strong clinical skills in one or more of the following: complex orthopaedic injury, mental Health, or vocational rehabilitation
- Have strong skills in critical thinking, decision-making and analysis
- Have experience in the private sector, particularly with auto sector legislation, and WSIB
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills and be able to work independently
- Be comfortable working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be empathetic with an effective ability to build rapport with patients
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Hold a valid driver’s licence and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and to facilitate our clients’ needs by exceeding their goals.
About CBI Health Group:
CBI Health Group is Canada’s largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians.
What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place. In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 14,000 administrators, support staff and caregivers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians and behaviour therapists. The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide.
At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day.
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted