Palliative Care at Home
What are the benefits of palliative care at home?
- Relief from pain and other distressing symptoms;
- Affirmation of life and help understanding dying as a normal process;
- Integrating psychological and spiritual aspects of care;
- Offering a support system to help clients live as actively as possible until death and to help the family cope during the client’s illness and in their own bereavement;
- A team approach to address the needs of clients and their families
- Enhanced quality of life that can positively influence the course of illness;