Orthopedic Surgery Consultation
If you have a musculoskeletal injury or condition (such as arthritis, osteoporosis, tendon or ligament damage, or a spine disorder) that is persistently affecting your quality of life and you are considering surgery, you may want to consult with an orthopedic surgeon to review your options. One of our highly qualified professionals will work closely with you to discuss all of the solutions that may be available to you, including different types of procedures as well as surgery alternatives. Our goal is to help you make an informed decision, so you can achieve your best possible health.
In most cases, orthopedic surgery should only be considered after all other non-invasive treatments have been fully explored. We will help you weigh the pros and cons of all available treatments and walk you through the risks involved with each, so you can better understand your options. We’re here to educate, guide and support you and to address any questions or concerns you may have along the way, so you can truly feel confident about your decision.
During your orthopedic surgery consultation, you may want to explore the following questions:
- What surgery alternatives are available to me? What are the advantages and challenges associated with each?
- What types of surgical procedures are available to me? What are the benefits and risks associated with each?
- What is the success rate of the procedure?
- How long will the procedure take?
- How long will the recovery process take?
- Will physical therapy be required following surgery?
- How much will the procedure cost?