Return to Work Planning
If one of your employees has suffered an injury and you want to help ensure a safe and timely return to the workplace, CBI Health Group can help. Through our return to work planning program, we can help reduce the duration of time lost from work by developing a detailed, personalized strategy that benefits both the worker and employer. One of our qualified return to work planners will work closely with you and your employee to assess his or her abilities and limitations in order to provide the most appropriate treatment plan and recommendations. Along with job coaching in the workplace and physiotherapy in the clinic, we have a range of comprehensive solutions for timely, effective outcomes.
In addition to carrying out a thorough evaluation of the employee’s current physical and cognitive abilities, we can also assess the job site and develop a plan to bridge barriers in the workplace, such as ergonomic modifications. We coordinate clinic-based treatment to help the employee build the tolerances required for workplace re-entry. Whatever your needs may be — from rapid access to rehabilitation services — we’re here to help.
Our return to work support services include:
- Return to work assessment: Includes a spinal/peripheral assessment, which provides information about the nature of the employee’s problem and outlines recommendations for treatment.
- Fitness for duty assessment: This assessment provides an outline of the employee’s current physical abilities, including his or her ability to perform the essential physical demands associated with his or her regular job.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation assessment: Designed for employees that have been off work for a period of 6-12 weeks, this assessment identifies the presence of any physical impairment or disability, pinpoints the employee’s current functional abilities, and outlines any physical, vocational or behavioural barriers to recovery.
- Work hardening program: This structured, individualized treatment program is designed to maximize the employee’s functional tolerance to return to work. It includes progressive physical re-conditioning, work stimulation and functional tasks specific to the employee’s pre-injury job.
We’re also here to help with:
- Ergonomic assessments and recommendations
- Transferable skills analysis and labour market surveys
- Job search coaching and on-site job coaching
- Return to school or volunteering programs
- Conditioning and exercise programs
- Physical rehabilitation
- Post offer employment testing
- Independent medical evaluations
- Medical file management